In today’s digital marketplace, how we decide to engage, interact, and communicate with our favourite brands is changing. Customers now expect websites to serve as a full extension of your shop window and customer service offering. How can businesses in Lisburn meet this need? The answer lies in web design that is fully responsive, secure, stable, and visually appealing. Fortunately for businesses across Lisburn, ProfileTree are a full-service digital agency specialising in web design that reacts to the needs and desires of your target audience. Let’s talk about how to choose the features and requirements of your website according to your needs and the different types of websites out there; particularly ecommerce websites.
Are You Looking for ‘Web Design Lisburn’?
ProfileTree – Expert Web Designers and Developers with a Local Flavour Serving Businesses in Lisburn, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
We are a self-made, family run agency based in Belfast and Monaghan. We’ve established ourselves in the Northern Irish market since 2010. We’ve grown the team, collected awards, and helped local and international businesses with building top-notch websites. We’ve also helped hundreds of small and medium sized businesses with free web design and development training through programmes funded by Northern Ireland’s Councils over the course of three years. Investing in building a website for your business in Lisburn means making sure your new website partnership is built on proven methods. We’re also SEO specialists AND a leading content marketing agency, so not only can we help with building a website, but also help you get traffic for that website.
Web Design Lisburn: Objectives of Building a Website
It’s very common to see local businesses approaching us saying they want to build a website. When we start probing for more details, they find themselves at loss to define what they really want. Usually, there are multiple stakeholders, too. So, that’s even harder when each stakeholder is not clear about his/her/their expectations of the website. That’s why, we always advise before you head to any agency asking for a quote, have a meeting with your team internally. This will help you identify your objectives, requirements, priorities, and eventually budget.
Web Design Lisburn: Identifying Business Goals in Reference to The New Website
These questions serve as a good exercise to do with your internal team before you start hunting for a quote.
- What are your business objectives from having a website?
- What is the most profitable source of income for your business? How do you see it growing on digital platforms?
- What is the least profitable source of income for your business? Can a website feature give it a push?
- Who is your target audience? How well acquainted are they with the digital world?
Web Design Lisburn: Assessing The Internal Side of Your Business
- What does the internal process look like? What can a website do to optimise your business process? – especially from a customer point of view.
- Are there any mundane processes that you would like to automate through your website?
- If yes, are your internal staff members ready for a digital transformation?
- Is there someone assigned to look after your website after it’s built?
- Are you going to add content on a regular basis to the website?
Web Design Lisburn: Website Design and Functionalities
- What are the pages you require for your website?
- What are the features and functionalities that you would like to add to your website?
- Who is going to host and maintain your website?
- Do you have a specific design in mind?
- Do you have any design references within your industry or outside of it?
- Do you have a specific budget in mind?
Web Design Lisburn: Types of Websites
Whether you want to redesign an existing website or build a new website from scratch, the starting point is to identify the type of website you need. From the outside, all websites look the same. However, there are many different types of websites to choose from. It all depends on your business objectives. Before choosing the type of website, make sure you’re already aligned with your team on the previous exercise.
Web Design Lisburn Type #1: E-commerce Website
An eCommerce website allows you to sell products from your online store. You may incorporate a drop-shipping model into your online business to sell products from a third-party distributor. Or you can be in charge of the selling process from start to finish. It all depends on how you run the business. Whichever way, the main ecommerce requirements and features will remain the same. Meanwhile, some features may vary according to the business model.
The Main Pages and Features of an Ecommerce Website
- Home page that focuses on best sellers, promotions, calls to action (CTAs), categories, and engaging video and content.
- Product categories page that includes the main categories that users will search by. For instance, a fashion brand may include (Men, Women, Children, Sale)
- Search engine function which can include as many filters as you wish or no filters at all if there is no need for it. Larger ecommerce websites typically include many filters (brand, size, user, price, etc.)
- About page which includes information about the brand, who you are, brand promise and values, etc.
- FAQs page is super important for many online stores because there’re usually questions about return, refund, delivery time, quality of products, ingredients, size charts, etc.
- Offers – some online stores need it, others don’t. It depends on
- Blog – the most successful ecommerce websites are not merely a place where people buy and run. Not only will blogs improve your SEO ranking, but also is super important for building brand loyalty.
- Contact Us page is one of the most important pages because if anything goes wrong or if the visitor wishes to get in touch directly, this is usually the first page they will click on.
- Main archive products page which includes all the products listed under a specific category.
- Single product page where the user will click to see more details about the product (description, price, clear view image, colors, sizes, build up a product, etc.) This is also the page where visitors will be able to view or add comments and reviews.
- Cart page where customers can view all the products they added to their carts with the price, size, quantity, and color listed
- Checkout page where visitors will review their products, add their details like specific requests, delivery address, promo codes, or any required information. They should also choose the payment method and get a total cost including tax and delivery.
- Payment Processing page – will either connect them to a third-party page or directly to the payment processing.
- Confirmation page, also known as ‘Thank You’ page that will appear once everything is finalised, and you should engage the buyer with a CTA to joint the email marketing list or follow you on your social media accounts.
Web Design Lisburn: Ecommerce Website Tips and Tricks
Web Design Lisburn: Keep It Simple and Straightforward
It’s easy to get carried away with too many calls to action and product clutter – especially on the home page. Remember that the neater, the better.
Web Design Lisburn: Make Branding a Priority
You’re not a retailer – or just another on stop shop. You want to build a brand for your audience with a memorable experience, especially if you’re selling products that are not exclusively yours – branding is everything.
Web Design Lisburn: Think of the Customer Journey and Experience
Whenever you’re reviewing your website, think of yourself as a customer. For example, if I were a customer, what kind of questions you will be asking. What kind of details you will be looking for when it comes to the product description. How can you encourage a customer who is afraid to buy the wrong size. How can you showcase the material of the product as if the customer is holding it in their hands. While these questions are often repeated by everyone, few brands actually grasp the concept of improving the online shopping experience for customers.
Web Design Lisburn: Use High Quality Images
Remember that online shopping is different that shopping in a physical store. In physical store, images don’t matter. It’s the real product on the shelf that counts. On online platforms, there is no real product that makes up for low quality image. What you see – should be what you get. Since the risk factor is always higher for online shoppers because it is a virtual experience, therefore, they won’t risk with a product with a low quality image because it doesn’t really give them real expectations. On a different note, large images and files hinder your SEO performance and page loading speed, so it’s important to use tools that would compress your image without compromising on quality.
Web Design Lisburn: How to Choose the Right Web Design Agency for Your Business
Your Choice for Web Design Lisburn
We offer website design and development services that have been praised in Lisburn and beyond for their creative focus on visual flow and robust stability. We realise that every second of downtime results in lost business. For this reason, we are proud to say that each and every one of our web design projects are subject to the most thorough usability testing methods, informed by the latest findings in user experience (UX) research.
Web Design Lisburn: A Holistic Approach
For our clients in Lisburn and across Northern Ireland, we follow a holistic approach that makes the very most out of on-site efforts such as infographics and multimedia embedding. Through each stage of your web design project, our team is available to identify the most appropriate channels for your brand, maximising your digital marketing efforts. Let us build your site while you run your business – it’s what we do.
Web Design Lisburn: Why Choose ProfileTree?
For web design in Lisburn, we’re no ordinary agency. That’s because we design websites with performance for your business built into their DNA. How? By making sure we understand your business goals to make sure your investment isn’t ‘just’ a website. Instead, we’ll want to understand your business needs and make sure your website is at the heart of your company. We’re also a specialist content marketing and SEO agency, meaning we can help your new website to be seen by the right potential customers and help with driving the right traffic and the right conversions. Moreover, we use our tried methods that we already test on our internal brands: Connolly Cove, Learning Mole, Amazing Food and Drink, Amazing Cars and Drives.
Web Design Lisburn: Big Picture Websites
When it comes to web design, there are two types of websites launched by local companies: ‘quick fix websites’ just giving a temporary digital scaffold to the business, and big picture sites giving a creative digital solution designed to support the company’s entire online world with real results. Let’s take a closer look.
Web Design Lisburn: The Digital Scaffold
This type of website might answer the statement ‘we need a website’ but doesn’t meet the company’s goals (for example, by driving enquiries), doesn’t meet the company’s needs (such as, being simple to edit when changes are needed) and takes a patchy approach to being seen prominently by customers searching Google. The ‘cheap and cheerful’ website will also quickly fall by the wayside when technology and customers change. For example, when customers move towards voice searching or want to view the site on new types of devices. In short, a website doing the wrong things in the wrong way in a non-adaptable way simply drains your investment.
Web Design Lisburn: The Creative, Results-Driven Digital Solution
We know that local companies in Lisburn don’t have the time and funds to waste on a website unless it is built around delivering on that investment. That’s why we start with the goal of the website, and how that fits in with the goal of your business, then understand how the functions of your website can pull together the brand’s marketing and digital marketing efforts. This way, your online world is working for your business rather than simply being a cost for your business in a genuinely results-orientated way.
Aim for a Goal
If you run a local business in Lisburn or further afield, your company will have a clear goal. Make your new site design work towards those goals too. Want more leads? Want a better understanding of your brand or service? We love to understand our clients’ businesses and, most of all, where they need to be in the future. After all, your new site can be part of your business success. Ask us how!
Join The Dots
Because your business strategy will already be closely linked with your marketing strategy (if it isn’t, ask us for help!), your new website can be the creative link holding your online world and company goals together. A great site is built around your big picture. If you’ve been dealing with any digital company who didn’t take the time to see your company, and its online presence as a whole, it may be a sign to think again.
Take SEO Seriously
You wouldn’t do a top-to-bottom review of customer experience at your business by following piecemeal advice. For the same reason, making Google love your site – remember that better visibility means more quality traffic means more potential leads – should be a specialist area, built into the DNA of everything you do online, and following the latest SEO knowledge. We’re local SEO specialists who can demonstrate how great SEO can work for you.
Look to The Future
The one thing that’s certain in the online world? Your customers will change their behaviour…and soon. Browsing from new devices, searching in new ways and changing expectations from a website means keeping ahead of the trends also keeps you ahead of the competition. We’ll explain how forward-looking web design can do much better.
Web Design Lisburn: How Much Does a Website Cost
Working with so many different businesses over the years taught us to work with different budgets and requirements. We have created three different packages for our web design and development projects; through which we cater for different needs and requirements. In other words, you set the requirements, we tailor a package within the limits of your spending. The average cost of a website at ProfileTree is 7000£ covering research, UI/UX design, web development, SEO, and content migration. This price figure is subject to change according to the requirements of the website and future updates to our packages.
Web Design Lisburn: Ready to Book a Free Website Audit?
A website audit is where one of our expert team members go through your website analyse its content, functionality, user experience, and SEO performance to give you a brief report of your website’s overall performance and how you can utilise our services to your advantage. Fill the form and send us your questions, we will be happy to answer all of them. Please do let us know if your business is registered in Lisburn, County Antrim. Alternatively, you can book a chat with one of our team members to audit your website for free and find out how we can help you establish a strong website presence in Lisburn, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
More services: Social Media Marketing Lisburn, Digital Training Lisburn, Digital Marketing Lisburn