TikTok business statistics are essential for businesses and marketers to recognise current trends and consumer behaviours, and utilise these statistics to improve their social media marketing.
Since the release of TikTok in 2016, businesses have utilised the social media platform to increase brand awareness, generate sales, liaise with influencers, and promote video marketing content.
The Importance of TikTok Business Statistics
In this article, we’ll take you through some important TikTok business statistics you need to know to boost your social media. We’ll also take you through some of the most beneficial marketing tools to use for your TikTok marketing:
Beneficial TikTok Marketing Tools
TikTok has become an incredible opportunity for businesses to reach new audiences and utilise trends to create potentially viral content. The most beneficial TikTok marketing tools that businesses can use to improve their content include:
- Video effects.
- Trending audio.
- Replies to comments through video.
TikTok Business Statistics: Hashtags
Hashtags help the TikTok algorithm understand the content in your video and it utilises this information to recommend the most relevant content to social media users. In your caption for TikTok videos, ensure to include the following types of hashtags to optimise your content:
- Product-based hashtags (E.g. #bracelet, #cookies, #photoframes).
- Location-based hashtags (E.g. #belfastcafe, #northernireland, #giftshopbelfast).
- Industry-based hashtags (E.g. #beauty, #recruitment, #filmandtv).
Including hashtags in your caption improves the SEO of your content, so when users search for keywords related to your products and services, your content will be discovered more easily!
A great way to discover hashtags for your content is by searching for keywords related to your products and services in the search engine on TikTok and reviewing the hashtags used in videos produced by other businesses or content creators. Make a note of hashtags that competitors are using that would also be relevant to your content and include these in your future videos!
TikTok Business Statistics: Video Effects
Another great TikTok marketing tool is video effects. Some of the video effects available on TikTok include:
- Visuals: This effect can be used to draw attention to the visuals in your video. For example, the green screen effect allows you to upload an image or video as a background effect, and record your front-view camera over your media file.
- Transitions: If your TikTok video has more than one clip, you can add transitions to hold user engagement and make your video more entertaining to watch.
- Time: Similar to Instagram Reels, you can speed up, slow down, or reverse video clips to direct the user’s attention to specific elements of your video.
Businesses may consider adding video effects to their TikTok video to hold the user’s attention. This is particularly important for the success of content on TikTok, as the TikTok algorithm will promote content that is watched until the end of the video to more profiles.
TikTok Business Statistics: Trending Audio
Utilising trending audio for your TikTok videos is another great way to increase the visibility of your content. Not sure about how to discover trending audio on TikTok? Check out the latest trending audio in the ‘Trends’ tab of the TikTok Creative Center. This is an amazing website for businesses and marketers to monitor frequently to keep track of the latest trends on TikTok!
TikTok Business Statistics: Replying To Comments Through Video
An excellent way to communicate with your customers and generate more content is by replying to comments in a TikTok video. To do this, find the comment that you would like to reply to, and hold onto the comment by pressing on the screen. This will bring up an options menu and there will be a ‘Reply with video’ option. Click this option and this will allow you to record a TikTok video while having the customer’s comment as a sticker on your video.
This is a great way to reference a customer’s comment or query and share this information with more users!
TikTok Business Statistics You Need To Know
So, what are some TikTok business statistics you need to know to take your social media marketing to the next level? Let’s take a look at the following TikTok business statistics:
- The most popular used hashtag on TikTok is #fyp.
- TikTok is used by social media users for shopping, research, discovering information, and entertainment.
- TikTok is used as a search engine by Gen Z users to find products and services that they’re interested in.
- TikTok reached 1 billion active users in 2021.
- TikTok Ads are becoming more popular among businesses to reach new customers.
- TikTok is one of the most engaging social media platforms due to the variety of short-form video content available on the app.
- More than half of TikTok users make a purchase after seeing a brand promote its products and services.
- More than half of TikTok users also create their own video content and post this on their profiles.
How Businesses Can Utilise TikTok Business Statistics To Boost Their Social Media Success
Now that we know some important TikTok business statistics, here are some ways that you can utilise this information to boost your social media success:
- Ensure to include hashtags such as #foryoupage and #fyp to increase the chances of your content appearing in the main For You feed on TikTok.
- Utilise a variety of keywords in your captions and videos to improve your SEO and make your content easier to find for users interested in your products and services.
- Consider utilising TikTok Ads as a way to quickly generate more visibility for your profile.
- Encourage your customers to create user-generated content (UGC) to build a community online and build trust with your customers.
- Post consistently on TikTok in order to see continuous growth and sales more quickly. The more visibility you have as a business online the better!
Want to know more about TikTok business statistics? Get in touch with ProfileTree today to plan your content marketing for TikTok!