Social media influencer statistics provide marketers with inspiring insights into the influencer marketing industry. Over the past few years, influencer marketing has proven to be a powerful type of social media marketing to generate sales and increase brand awareness.
In this article, we’ll take you through some inspiring social media influencer statistics that will give you confidence in the power of influencer marketing.
Social Media Influencer Statistics and Influencer Marketing
To get a clear understanding of social media influencer statistics, this article will touch upon the following topics:
- What is influencer marketing?
- Social media influencer statistics you need to know.
- Do you need influencer marketing for my business?
- What do social media influencer statistics mean for the future of digital marketing?
These considerations will help inform why influencer marketing is so important to the online growth of a business and how you can use these statistics to inform your digital strategy.
What Is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing is a form of social media marketing in which businesses liaise with influencers and content creators who attain a substantial following on social media to promote their products or services. Businesses also utilise influencer marketing to increase their online presence and brand awareness in order to generate more sales and a larger following on social media.
So, what does the collaboration look like between businesses and influencers? As a business, you may reach out to influencers in some of the example cases below:
- Collaborating with influencers to create content with product demonstrations to present your product’s quality, features, and benefits to the consumer.
- Liaising with influencers to promote an upcoming event and communicate important details that would persuade the consumer to sign up or purchase a ticket.
- Planning visits from influencers to your physical store location to advertise the atmosphere of your store and raise awareness about your location, products, and brand identity.
These examples are a great way to reach your target audience and deliver content that is educational and enjoyable for the consumer to watch. With this in mind, it’s important to consider which influencers are the best fit to represent your brand and connect with the correct target audience.
Choosing The Correct Influencer For Your Business
The influencer you choose to help promote a marketing campaign can make or break the success of connecting with your target audience. But why is this?
Imagine you were a photographer and wanted to increase bookings for family photoshoots among parents aged 30-45 years old. To help achieve your goal, you liaise with an influencer who is 22 years old with no children to educate their followers on the different packages you offer. However, you learn to discover that you have not achieved your goal based on your influencer marketing strategy.
Why did this campaign not succeed? This is because of the influencer that was chosen to promote the business! An improved strategy would consider liaising with an influencer within the target demographic of 30-45-year-old parents. So, when choosing the correct influencer for your digital marketing campaign, it is essential that the influencer represents the target audience and the type of consumer you would like to attract.
Social Media Influencer Statistics You Need To Know
With all of this in mind, how important is influencer marketing to a business’s digital strategy? Let’s take a look at some social media influencer statistics that are informing the success of digital marketing campaigns:
- The Gen Z demographic is the most influenced by social media influencers.
- Instagram and TikTok are considered to be the most important social media platforms to utilise for influencer marketing.
- Content in the form of a YouTube video would typically be the most expensive to create with influencers.
- Marketers find it difficult to detect how many followers of an influencer’s account are fake social media profiles.
- Marketers consider influencer marketing as one of the best strategies for return on investment (ROI).
- The influencer marketing industry is expected to be worth approximately $21.1 billion in 2023.
Do You Need Influencer Marketing For Your Business?
Based on the social media influencer statistics above, do you need influencer marketing for your business? The answer to this question depends on your business goals and objectives. However, when deciding if this is the right marketing strategy for you, consider the following benefits of influencer marketing below:
- Influencer marketing helps generate trust between the consumer and a brand due to the familiarity of an influencer’s values and reputation.
- Influencer marketing can generate more sales by including product demonstrations and education about a brand and its products or services.
- Influencer marketing is a great way to build long-lasting relationships with content creators who can represent the brand and continue to promote events, product launches, and brand values.
- Content produced by influencers is very sharable amongst social media users, which improves the engagement rate and reaches more social media profiles.
Social media influencer statistics prove that influencer marketing is here to stay as an effective marketing tool to gain the consumer’s trust, and so utilising influencer marketing is a brilliant way to generate sales and increase brand awareness for your business.
What Do Social Media Influencer Statistics Mean For the Future of Digital Marketing?
Social media influencer statistics help businesses and marketers understand the marketing landscape more clearly in order to ensure that their digital strategy is relevant to their target audience. Influencer marketing has become a fantastic way for brands to connect with their target audience in a more human and direct way through the voice of a social media influencer.
Factors such as content creation, budget, and choosing the correct influencer are incredibly important for the success of an influencer marketing campaign. However, once these are mastered, influencer marketing can be one of the most effective ways to enhance your online presence and increase ROI.
Due to the importance of trust, consumer reviews, and brand awareness, influencer marketing has proven that it is here to stay!
Want to know more social media influencer statistics like these? Get in touch with ProfileTree today to improve your digital marketing strategy!