Social media small business statistics point towards the importance of utilising social media marketing to reach a large target audience.
Since the rise of social media, online shopping, and content creation, social media has become an effective and accessible tool for small businesses to boost sales and generate word-of-mouth marketing (WOM marketing).
Social Media Small Business Statistics To Boost Your Sales
In this article, we’ll take you through important social media small business statistics to help inform your digital strategy and content creation, including:
- Why should you utilise social media to market a small business?
- Social media small business statistics.
- What social media tools should you utilise to improve your online presence?
Reviewing social media small business statistics can help small business owners recognise the potential to grow their business online and boost sales. So, let’s break down some important things to consider when utilising social media marketing for a small business.
The Importance of Social Media Marketing For Small Businesses
Social media has become a powerful tool that has changed the potential for small businesses to grow online due to direct communication with your target audience and the accessibility of social media marketing tools.
Some of the benefits of utilising social media marketing for a small business include:
- Cost-effective: Social media marketing is a very cost-effective way to advertise a small business as elements such as content creation, customer service, and scheduling can be accommodated according to a limited budget.
- Increase brand awareness: Social media is a fantastic platform for small business owners to reach local customers as well as increase visibility to increase online sales and direct traffic to your website.
- Building rapport with customers: Social media gives small business owners the platform to communicate with customers online and build long-lasting relationships with loyal customers.
- Improve online reputation: Utilising social media marketing for a small business is a great way to improve its online reputation through sharing testimonials and customer reviews. An active presence on social media also helps build trust with your online customers as they become aware of your brand identity and values.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, social media became a safe haven for small business owners to continue to make sales and support their livelihood. Since then, social media has presented itself as a huge opportunity for small businesses to advertise their products or services and generate sales while directing online users to their websites.
Social Media Small Business Statistics You Need To Know
So, what are some social media small business statistics you need to know to develop your digital strategy? Let’s take a look at some of the social media small business statistics that present the benefits of leveraging social media marketing:
- Small businesses mainly utilise organic or non-paid content to advertise their business on social media.
- Small businesses have claimed that utilising social media during the COVID-19 pandemic helped them achieve a return on investment (ROI), even when their physical store was closed during lockdown restrictions.
- Small business owners receive an increase in enquires and messages from customers when they have a consistent presence on social media.
- Small businesses consider social media as one of their most successful marketing tools.
- Customers rely on social media to discover small businesses and more information about their products and services.
What Social Media Tools Should You Utilise To Improve Your Online Presence?
Based on the social media small business statistics above, social media marketing is a fantastic tool for small businesses to boost sales and increase their visibility online. With this in mind, what social media tools should small businesses utilise to improve their online presence? The following social media tools are excellent to improve reach, engagement, and sales online:
- Grid posts: These are the main posts on your social media profile in the form of a graphic along with a caption. This type of post is a great way to bring attention to educational content that gives information about your products and services, as well as customer reviews and testimonials.
- Video content: Video marketing, particularly short videos in the form of Instagram reels and TikTok videos, is a brilliant social media tool to reach a large audience and increase engagement on your profile.
- Stories: Instagram stories are often used by small business owners as a way to connect with their audience by sharing behind-the-scenes elements of their business. Examples of this type of content include sharing to-do lists, packaging orders, and sharing sneak peeks of new products.
- Live videos: Many small business owners stream live videos on their social media profiles to connect with their target audience in real-time. This a great way to do live product demonstrations while answering incoming questions from customers.
Collaborating With Small Businesses
Along with social media small business statistics, supporting other small businesses can improve your online presence. If you are a small business hoping to expand your reach and boost sales, consider collaborating with another small business. This is a fantastic way to reach your desired target audience while showing your support to other small and local businesses.
Some ways that you can collaborate with and support small businesses include:
- Creating a giveaway: Consider collaborating with another small business to create a giveaway containing both of your products or services. Giveaway posts are a great way to generate likes, comments, shares, and followers as users engage with your post in order to win the giveaway.
- Commenting on posts: Show your support for other small businesses by commenting on their posts. This also ensures that followers of their page will see your comment when they read the comment section, and so gains visibility of your page.
- Sharing posts: Share posts that you enjoy from other small businesses to increase the chances of their page also returning the favour by supporting and sharing your page in the future.
- Tagging small business owners: Tagging small business owners is a great way to establish a supportive community and increases the chances of your page being shared by other businesses.
Want to know more about social media small business statistics? Get in touch with ProfileTree today to develop your digital strategy!