Social media marketing has taken a significant storm in the field of marketing. With its diversity and many marketers relying on it, the importance of statistics and data has also increased to build an integrated marketing strategy that is reliable in reaching customers.
Everyone knows the importance of statistics in social media marketing. To build a good marketing strategy, you must have recent statistics. One number plus or minus may change the entire marketing equation. So, let’s know some of that statistics and their importance in the different fields.
Social Media Usage
All of us can realize the huge usage of social media platforms. It is widely used by people worldwide, especially with various social media platforms such as; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc. Its usage is no longer a luxury, but many businesses depend on it. Although it requires an internet connection, meeting this requirement has always been challenging. But with the technology development, it’s no longer a problem; many telecom companies offer internet services with budgets that suit everyone. There are also some countries where internet service is free. All of these things were among the reasons for the high use rate of social media today.
Another reason which makes usage more available; smartphones are in the hands of all of us and are easier to use than a computer or laptop. As a result of that, we can say social media has opened up new worlds for us, whether in business, entertainment, or communication. We can communicate, shop, making business with anyone anywhere just with one click.
Let’s take a look here on some statistics that show the importance of using social media around the world:
- Increasing the number of Social media users by more than 10% between 2021 and 2022.
- There is a belief that the number of people on social media will be 4.4 billion in five years.
- The expectation of the internet users’ time on social media is 1/3 of their internet time.
- 4.48 billion users on social media worldwide.
- The percentage of the global population who used social media platforms is 56.8%.
- There was increasing in social media users between 2019 and 2021, with 890 billion users.
Social Media Platforms Statistics
No one denies the growing use of social media platforms in recent years. This increase led to the inclusion of social media in the marketing plans of marketers. It has become a necessity and effective tool in any marketing strategy. The planning for a successful marketing strategy needs to rely on updated and measured statistics from social media platforms. Through these statistics, you can reach customers more accurately and spread faster.
Now famous brands have more than one social media platform that relies on for marketing. Here are some of those platforms’ statistics.
- 2.9 billion active users were the percentage which Facebook had every month as of October 2022.
- Around 36.8% of the global population uses Facebook.
- With up to 1.96 billion active users, Facebook had them daily as of July 2022.
- people around the world consider Facebook the most popular social media platform.
- US adults who are using Facebook are 64% as of September 2022.
- Facebook made 27.71$ billion as revenue in Q3 2022.
- India has the most Facebook users, with 349.7 million users.
- Facebook is the most liked platform by people aged 25 to 34.
- 79% of marketers said buying paid advertising on Facebook in 2021.
- Users spend an average of 19.6 hours monthly from their time on Facebook.
- 31% of Americans consider Facebook the popular source of getting news.
- Around 98.5 % of Facebook users use their mobiles to log in to Facebook.
- 70 % of marketers have used Facebook ads.
- The second most huge global search engine; is YouTube.
- 31 % of the global population uses YouTube.
- The number of active YouTube channels reach more than 51 million as of 2022.
- YouTube’s global advertising revenue touched $ 7.07 billion in Q3 2022.
- Almost 24 hours monthly; the time YouTube users spent on the app as of January 2022.
- The prediction that YouTube sports viewership will reach 90 million by 2025.
- 507.1 million people aged between 25 – 34 use YouTube, with a percentage of 20.5 %.
- India comes first among the countries with active YouTube users, with 467 million.
- The number of YouTube visitors monthly is over 1.7 billion.
- The percentage of social media marketers who said they intended to invest in YouTube in 2022 was 50 %.
- The prediction of YouTube users is to touch 2.8 million by 2025.
- The percentage of the global population who used ads on TikTok is 12.8 %.
- The seventh world’s most active social media platform is TikTok.
- The number of active users monthly on TikTok is 1 billion in Q3 of 2022.
- The users who downloaded TikTok from the Apple App Store reached 18 million in the US in Q2 2022.
- TikTok ranked number two as the most popular platform in the US as of September 2022.
- 29 % of the Google Play installs had opened the app daily in Q2 2022 globally.
- 61 % of marketers planned to increase their investments in TikTok marketing in 2022.
- The most downloaded app in 2021 was TikTok.
- The US comes first in most countries with active TikTok accounts, with 140.6 million.
- 18.1 % of global population uses Instagram.
- India comes first with the most Instagram users, with over 263.8 million active users.
- Instagram is the fifth most active social media platform.
- More than 50% of Instagram users worldwide are under 35 years old.
- At least one brand is followed by 90 % of Instagram users.
- The user spends 53 minutes of his time daily on Instagram.
- With a percentage of 21.2%, the videos gain more interactions than images.
- 61 % of social media marketers intended to increase their investments in 2022.
- 73 % of social media marketers prefer Instagram for influencer marketing.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
- Social media platforms as a search engine for products by 54 % of internet users.
- After watching a video on social media, 64 % of users make a buying deal.
- Social media revenue in 2023 is predicted to touch $ 223.11 billion.
- The preferred social media tactic is social listening by 62 % of marketers.
- 33 % of internet users prefer to contact a brand by social media instead of calling them.
- The percentage of US social media users who wrote a review for a business at some point is 72%.
- 57 % of marketers prefer social media stories for advertisement cause its compelling for them.
- Social media is considered essential in marketing strategies for 89.3 % of marketers.
- Social media users will touch 5.85 billion by 2027.
Social Media Marketing Top Tactics
- 62 % social listening.
- 48 % hashtags.
- 46 % live video.
How effective is social media for marketing?
Social media has proven to be highly effective and influential on the marketing side, as many marketers consider it a vital tool in their marketing strategy. As a result, many are increasing their marketing investments in social media ads. And since it is the primary source for most consumers to obtain product information, marketers had to pay attention to it and track its statistics.
The Importance of Social Media Marketing Statistics
More than 37% of internet users say they purchase after seeing a marketing advertisement about the product on social media. Therefore, we conclude the importance of social media statistics in marketing by these mentioned statistics.
It helps marketers to develop and update their marketing strategy constantly. It happens through several things, including tracking the market mood, the consumer’s purchasing choices, identifying audiences, their ages, interests, and other statistics he considers when building his marketing plan.
Global Social Networking Applications Market
The international social networking applications market was worth USD 39.7 billion in 2021. It is predicted to reach (CAGR) of 23.6% from 2022 to 2030.
The above social media marketing statistics have proven to play an essential role in marketing. The leading players in the marketing game tech are marketers and consumers, which are unanimously critical. So if you are still building a new marketing strategy, these statistics will help you. If you want to learn more about marketing and its strategies
Here are some resources:
What is Media Buying? How Does it Work? — A Complete Guide
Want to Conduct a Competitive Analysis? Here are 7 Reasons Why You Should