Instagram for business statistics can help businesses and marketers to understand user behaviour on Instagram and keep up-to-date with trends and new features.
The digital marketing landscape is constantly changing, so it’s important for businesses and marketers to have an awareness of news and updates, and update their digital strategy accordingly.
Instagram For Business Statistics
In this article, we’ll take you through some important Instagram for business statistics to know to elevate your social media strategy. To understand Instagram for business statistics, we’ll touch upon the following points:
- The best features on Instagram for businesses.
- Instagram for business statistics.
- How businesses can utilise Instagram for business statistics.
So, let’s take a look at why Instagram is one of the best social media platforms to market your business and some important Instagram for business statistics to consider.
The Best Features On Instagram For Businesses
Out of all of the social media platforms, Instagram is always releasing new statements and updates regarding how the Instagram algorithm works and new features to help promote your content. The best features on Instagram for businesses to utilise include:
- Instagram reels.
- Instagram stories.
- Instagram Insights.
- Instagram Shopping.
Instagram For Business Statistics: Instagram Reels
Video marketing is excellent at capturing an online user’s attention and holding their engagement for longer than a still image. Instagram recognised the potential of video marketing for businesses and content creators on social media, particularly after witnessing the success of TikTok videos, and so encouraged businesses to produce Instagram reels.
Instagram reels are essentially video marketing content which is typically a short video and filmed in portrait mode to make content mobile-friendly. Images and graphics will always have a place in social media marketing as they still effectively educate target audiences about a business’s products and services. However, Instagram reels are one of the best Instagram features to utilise to increase your reach and sales!
Instagram For Business Statistics: Instagram Stories
Instagram stories are a great way for businesses to advertise behind-the-scenes elements of their business and humanise the brand.
As Instagram stories are only live to view on your account for 24 hours, Instagram highlights are a great way to save stories for online users to view in the future. We would recommend organising your highlights according to the type of content in your stories. Some examples of highlights include, “About Us”, “FAQs”, and “Tips”.
Instagram For Business Statistics: Instagram Insights
When your Instagram account is set as a business account, you can access Instagram Insights, which is a menu containing data detailing the performance of your Instagram account and content. For example, this will give you information about the gender and age of your audience, and the locations in which your content is appearing.
This is one of the most beneficial features to utilise on Instagram as it allows you to analyse the audience you are currently reaching and potentially new audiences to target.
Instagram For Business Statistics: Instagram Shopping
If you have an e-commerce website and want to sell more of your products, Instagram Shopping is an excellent feature to utilise as it allows you to link the stock on your website to the Shopping tab on Instagram.
This means that when users are browsing the Instagram Shopping tab, your products have a chance of grabbing their attention and generating sales! To enhance the user experience, ensure to also tag your products on your Instagram posts as this allows the user to click on the tagged product and purchase their desired product more easily.
Instagram For Business Statistics You Need To Know
So, what are some Instagram for business statistics that you need to know to elevate your social media strategy? Let’s take a look at the following statistics that give us insight into Instagram marketing for businesses:
- There are believed to be over 2 billion users on Instagram as of 2023.
- The majority of Instagram users are within the Gen Z and Millennial demographics.
- Social media users on Instagram become more interested in a brand once they have seen a social media ad for it.
- Instagram stories that focus on telling a brand’s message quickly are more likely going to be viewed the whole way through.
- The best way to reach customers on Instagram is through Instagram reels.
- Brands see a better engagement with Instagram reels than with other forms of content.
- Instagram influences online shopping behaviour as social media users are utilising businesses’ profiles to increase their awareness of brands and their products and services.
- There has been an increase in the length of time spent on Instagram by social media users due to watching video content.
- Instagram users reach out to content creators to find out more information about a brand’s products and services and understand customer opinions before investing in a brand.
- The majority of influencers on Instagram that are receiving the most engagement are nano-influencers and micro-influencers.
How Businesses Can Utilise Instagram For Business Statistics
So, now that we know some important Instagram for business statistics, how can businesses utilise these to improve their social media strategy? Businesses may consider taking the following steps to improve their online presence:
- Researching nano-influencers and micro-influencers who would be a good fit to represent the brand and promote your products and services.
- Focus on creating Instagram reels to improve your current reach and engagement rate.
- Conduct consumer research to gain a better understanding of who your target audience is and what type of content they want to see from you.
- Utilise Instagram Shopping to improve the user experience and influence purchase decisions.
- Focus on content that is short and easy to digest for the viewer through Instagram stories and Instagram reels.
By utilising Instagram for business statistics, you can recognise what influences consumer behaviour on Instagram and update your strategy to meet consumer needs.
Want to know more about Instagram for business statistics? Get in touch with ProfileTree today to improve your social media strategy!