When an online marketer begins working with a new client on an SEO project, one of the first things they will do is perform an analysis of the entire website. This is where SEO analyser tools come in handy.
In fact, many online marketers will refuse to quote a price unless they’ve performed an SEO audit of the website.
All websites are different, and a simple glance will not tell the whole story regarding search engine optimisation. Performing an analysis will provide you with the necessary information to create an SEO plan for your website.
If you’re considering using SEO analyser tools for your website, here is some information about the basics of SEO analyser tools.
What Is a SEO Analyser Tool?
You will need top-notch SEO tools if you want to optimize your website for search engines. One of the SEO tools that you will need is an SEO analyser. If you have the money, you should purchase or pay for the best SEO analyser tool on the market.
However, there are also free SEO analyser tools on the market if you can’t afford to pay.
An SEO analyser tool will help you analyse and measure your website for ranking potential. Such tools often attempt to use spider technology similar to that used by the spiders of search engines like Google and Bing.
Why Do You Need SEO Analyser Tools?
It is important to analyse your content and measure various aspects to ensure optimal results. Some SEO tools will allow you to analyse your content even as you write it. These SEO tools work in real time so that you get feedback before the writing process is over.
Use these tools regularly, and you will be able to produce better SEO content.
Content is an essential aspect of all websites. You must produce content that is SEO-oriented, directional, focused, and correct. SEO analyser tools will help you evaluate how well you can expect the content to perform once it’s published.
Even major search engines like Bing and Google rely on such tools to index, identify, and analyse different websites and their content.
Here are a few of the many benefits of Free SEO analyser tools:
- Many offer just as many functionalities as paid tools.
- These tools will help you determine how your visitors come across your website.
- These tools will help you identify which links and pages users click on most frequently. SEO analyser tools will tell you which links and pages on your website are the most popular.
- Visitor segmentation will be possible with SEO analyser tools. Thanks to these tools, you will be able to find out how many users are visiting your website thanks to your SEO campaign. You can organise your analytic results based on referral sources, new/returning users, and geography.
- An analytic report from a good SEO analyser tool will help you fine-tune your website or blog. This analytic report will help you update the content on your website.
SEO Analyser Tools Comparing Paid vs Free Tools:
While there are quality free auditing tools, paid options provide more robust data and capabilities:
- Depth of Analysis – Paid tools perform over 200+ technical and on-page checks versus 10-20 with free ones. Provides more fine-grained optimization insights.
- Accuracy – Commercial tools use more sophisticated crawling and algorithms, leading to more precise recommendations. Critical for large complex sites.
- Competitor Tracking – Many paid tools allow tracking rankings and indexing of top competitors for gap analysis. Limited with free versions.
- Custom Reporting – Paid platforms provide highly customizable and sharable reports to demonstrate ROI on initiatives.
- Ongoing Support – Subscription plans provide access to customer support and platform updates for continued optimization.
However, free auditing tools still offer fundamental SEO insights and value for smaller sites. Conducting regular free audits is far better than not analyzing your site at all.
Common SEO Issues Uncovered:
Running frequent site audits uncovers technical problems that impact search visibility:
- Slow Page Speed – Identify heavy pages that hurt site performance. Optimize images, enable caching, and minify code. Page speed is a ranking factor.
- Broken Links – Find any 404 errors or broken internal links to fix. Maintains site navigation.
- Metadata Issues – Inspector titles, meta descriptions, alt text for optimization opportunities. Complete and consistent metadata improves CTR.
- Thin Content – Discover low-quality pages with little text or value to improve or consolidate. More in-depth content ranks better.
- Duplicate Content – Uncover duplicated or similar content on the same site. It can dilute rankings, so it should be fixed or rel-canonicalized.
- Indexing Issues – See pages Google has struggled to crawl or index. Debug to uncover any blocking technical problems.
- Mobile Errors – Identify mobile usability errors like too small tap targets, blocked scaling, etc. Mobile friendliness is mandatory.
Running frequent technical audits identifies problems early so they can be fixed before harming SEO visibility.
What Tools Are Available Online?
1. Google Webmaster Tools
Out of all the major search engines, Google is the top dog. Therefore, you definitely want your website to rank highly in the search results of Google. Fortunately, you can rely on Google’s Webmaster Tools to help ensure your website is optimized properly.
These resources are friendly to novices and will help you understand how Google search works.
One example of a Google Webmaster Tool is the Fetch as Google tool. You can enter a URL into the Fetch as Google tool, and you will be able to see the website as Google views it. This tool will help you find issues when it comes to SEO performance.
The information you receive from Google Webmaster Tools will help you modify your web pages so that you experience better results. Google Webmaster Tools will even be useful if you believe your website has been hacked.
2. Check My Links
To confirm that the links on your web page work, you should use the Check My Links tool. This tool can check both internal and external links.
You will find that this tool will make it easy for you to make changes to a web page before publishing it to the Internet. Not only will Check My Links be able to count the number of links on a webpage, but it will also be able to find and highlight all the broken links.
3. Moz Pro Tools
Cost: $99-$599 per month after a free 30-day trial
The Moz Pro tools will help you increase the search ranking of your business. These research tools will provide you with all the resources you could need to build reports, track growth, find SEO opportunities and optimise your content.
An example of such a research tool is the Crawl Test tool. This tool uses RogerBot, the web crawler of Moz, to analyze links on a page. The tool then sends the user an email report with data about every single page linked to by the URL.
4. SEO Report Card
The SEO Report Card will allow you to analyse a web page and see how it compares to that of your competitors. While the SEO Report Card is free, you will need to provide some contact information so that you can receive a report. The report will feature the following:
- The rank analysis feature will tell you how your website ranks on Yahoo, Bing, Google, and other search engines.
- The link-building feature will provide you with the number of websites on the Internet that link to your website.
- The on-site analysis will evaluate how well you incorporate your keyword throughout the website.
- The website accessibility feature will allow you to evaluate the load time of your website and how accessible your website is for crawlers.
- The trust metrics feature will tell you about your website’s authority and level of trust.
- Current indexing will tell you how many pages on your website have been indexed.
5. HubSpot’s Website Grader
The Website Grader, which is a tool made by HubSpot, will help you identify opportunities for search engine optimisation. Recently, HubSpot released an updated version of the Website Grader.
The Website Grader is a free tool online that will help you create a report based on performance, mobile readiness, and more. You will be able to learn about the speed, page size, requests, and more about your website. This tool will also tell you whether your website is mobile-friendly.
Cost: $49-$149 per month for a Pro to Premium plan after a free 14-day trial
The in-depth site analysis of Woorank will help you identify opportunities for improvement and optimization. This analysis will consider usability, social media, and the performance of your other SEO initiatives.
7. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Cost: The paid plan costs $209 a year, while the LITE version of the tool is free and audits up to 500 pages.
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider will crawl your website and look at the URLs for any possible SEO issues.
If you attempt to do this manually, this could take you hours or even days. Therefore, the Screaming Frog SEO Spider definitely has the potential to save you plenty of time and resources.
How to Track Your SEO Progress Over Time Using SEO Analyzer Tools
SEO analyzer tools can also be used to track your SEO progress over time. This can be helpful to see how your SEO efforts are paying off and to identify areas where you need to improve.
To track your SEO progress over time, you can use SEO analyzer tools to track the following metrics:
- Keyword rankings: This metric shows you how your website ranks for different keywords in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Organic traffic: This metric shows you how much traffic your website is getting from search engines.
- Backlink profile: This metric shows you the number and quality of backlinks to your website.
- Website speed: This metric shows you how quickly your website loads.
- User engagement: This metric shows you how users interact with your website, such as how long they stay on each page and how many pages they visit.
You can track these metrics over time to see how they are changing. If you see that your keyword rankings, organic traffic, backlink profile, website speed, and user engagement are all improving, then you know that your SEO efforts are working.
Here are some tips for using SEO analyzer tools to track your SEO progress over time:
- Choose the right SEO analyzer tool: There are many different SEO analyzer tools available, so it’s important to choose the one that is right for your needs. Consider the features and benefits of different SEO analyzer tools, and choose the tool that will give you the information you need to track your SEO progress.
- Set up tracking: Once you have chosen an SEO analyzer tool, you need to set up tracking for your website. This will involve adding a tracking code to your website.
- Track your progress regularly: Don’t just track your SEO progress once and then forget about it. Track your progress regularly to see how your website is performing over time.
- Identify areas for improvement: Once you have tracked your SEO progress over time, you can identify areas where you need to improve. For example, if you see that your keyword rankings for specific keywords are dropping, you can try to improve your content for those keywords.
Tracking your SEO progress over time is an important part of any SEO strategy. By using SEO analyzer tools, you can track your progress and identify areas where you need to improve.
SEO Analyser Tools: Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most important technical issues to look for in an SEO audit?
A: Indexing problems, crawl errors, broken links, thin content, duplicate content, page speed, and mobile optimization are some of the highest priority technical issues.
Q: How often should you run an SEO site audit?
A: Ideally monthly, but at minimum every 3 months. Frequent audits allow you to stay on top of emerging technical issues before they substantially impact rankings and traffic.
Q: What metrics indicate an effective SEO audit?
A: Fix rate, increase in indexed pages, faster page speed, lift in organic traffic and rankings for target keywords. Tracking these shows the business impact.
Q: Can I perform SEO audits on competitor sites?
A: Yes, analyzing competitors is key for benchmarking. But avoid copying content. Focus on gaps for opportunities.
Q: Is an SEO audit needed for new websites?
A: Absolutely; new sites should be audited right away to identify any technical problems before Google crawls and indexes the pages.
If you want to optimise your website for search engines, an SEO analyser tool will prove to be your best friend. Therefore, having at least one top-notch SEO analyser tool in your arsenal is important. If you are interested in finding out more about SEO, SEO tools and SEO agency services – here are some of our most important pages on the topics:
Have you used any other SEo analyser Tools we have not mentioned in this article? Please do share your experience in the comments below.