Instagram Likes – Although Instagram may be touted as a picture and short video-sharing tool, it is definitely a platform that should be considered for your business. Why? For one, Instagram quickly humanizes a brand, making it more visible to consumers and even the competition. With over 500 million active users, something is fueling the demand. Not using it could hurt rather than help your business.
Table of Contents
Take a look at the stats:
- Instagram users have shared over 40 billion photos.
- Instagram users share an average of 95 million photos and videos per day.
- 80% of Instagram users come from outside the U.S.
- A 2015 Pew Research study indicates that 31% of women and 24% of men use Instagram daily.
- Instagram users like 4.2 billion posts a day.
- Instagram is used by 48.8% of brands (2016).
- Instagram projects that 70.7% of U.S. companies will use Instagram in 2017.
- Top brands post on Instagram 4.9 times per week.
- B2C marketers are more likely to increase Instagram activities over B2B.
The numbers clearly indicate that Instagram must be integrated into a digital marketing strategy to gain traction with your audiences. If you have a Facebook account, it should be linked to Instagram. This will help gain followers, and your posts will immediately be seen across your platforms.
8 Reasons Why Businesses Should Use Instagram for More Likes
As a business, you are searching for high ROI in every aspect of your marketing strategy. When adding Instagram to your digital marketing plan, making a case for additional resources could be difficult when getting management on board. In addition to the statistics, here are a few reasons why you should be using Instagram:
- Visual marketing
Visual content is key. Customers are very visual and expect to see what they are being sold and told. As this continues to become the norm, having clear, high-quality images must be shared and placed on your website.
- It makes good business sense.
While some platforms have been pegged as the new trend to follow, Instagram has made its mark. With 70.7% of companies projected to use Instagram this year, not having a presence on Instagram will be a huge mistake.
Having multiple social media platforms can be an asset. With Instagram, your images can be altered to convey what you are attempting to say. This can work for your brand in several ways. Developing a strong following for your brand on Instagram helps enhance your branding across multiple audiences.
- Uses content from the users
You can incorporate videos and other images users have posted and repurpose them for your business. Based on the feedback from certain images, you can reuse those to gain traction from your followers as well. Using hashtags, contests and tagging others will allow others to not only find you but submit their content to you as well.
- Not just for products
What are you doing around the company? Introduce your employees to your followers. Let them look inside at what is happening behind the scenes. Customers want to know what you are doing, what you are working on, and what makes your company unique. Instagram allows them to see different locations when your company is brainstorming and possibly introduce them to new developments before it’s on the market.
- Good for marketers
Instagram works well for marketers because your images are kept on the platform for future views. New customers can scroll through and see what you have been doing from day 1. They can find out about your company and click through to see more. Instagram also has a direct messaging function where your marketing team can quickly interact with people without everyone else being able to see what is going on. With the new live video stream, marketers can answer questions and get immediate feedback, which helps build the brand and a bond with your audiences.
- Analytics purposes
It’s no secret that analytics count. Although Instagram doesn’t have an in-app tracker, there are programs on the market that can help you find out how well your interactions are doing. This information can assist with targeted images and campaigns that are impactful, engaging, and fun.
- Grow the business
Having a presence on social media has a distinct purpose: to get new followers, build your brand and increase exposure. With Instagram, you should put your other social media platforms and your website in your bio so people can follow you and know where to look for additional information.
Blogs on Instagram Strategy, Social Media and Social Media Strategy:
- Who Has The Most Followers on Instagram
- Beating the Instagram Algorithm
- Instagram Marketing Strategy
- Instagram Live Rooms
- Instagram Update
- How to Create Instagram Reels
- Instagram Reels for Business
- What Are Instagram Reels?
- Instagram Content Strategy
- Instagram Marketing Strategy
- Using Instagram for Business
- The Best Instagram Hashtags
- Instagram Campaign Marketing
- Top Hashtags On Instagram
- What Is IGTV?
Instagram Likes Strategy Blog Posts: How to Use Instagram Effectively for More Likes
There are a few ways to use Instagram that will be effective for business purposes. These tactics will also help you learn how to get free followers on Instagram:
- Become familiar with the platform
To be effective when you use Instagram, you should be able to navigate the platform. Take a minute to review Instagram for Business, where you’ll find examples and other ways to engage your audiences.
- Use popular hashtags
Using a hashtag will help segment your audiences and attract the people who are searching for specific topics. This adds value and dimension to your posts. Your marketing team should research the most popular tags to determine the ones that apply to your organisation.
- Incorporate fun and business.
When using your images, make sure you’re telling a story. Be fun and engaging while still promoting the organisation. You want to retain your humanistic side with the audience.
- Use your other platforms.
Use your other social media platforms in conjunction with Instagram to grow your following. Do cross-posts and use other marketing tactics to help drive your campaigns and build a strong brand image.
- Make videos
Stream live videos and post videos that you have already done to promote products and services and recognize employees or even customers loyal to your organisation. This builds brand equity and engages audiences far beyond what an image may do.
- Follow back
Create relationships through your Instagram. When people follow you, do some research and follow back. Engaging customers who are loyal to your brand helps increase your overall following. When a company follows back, everyone knows.
- Have a schedule
Have an ongoing post schedule so you will not become overwhelmed. It is important to consistently post so your followers will always know you are somewhere around. Engaging is one of the most crucial aspects of successful social media marketing.
Your marketing team must create a network that will engage new audiences. Like photos from other users and leave comments when you can. This works in conjunction with using hashtags and follow-ups.
- Optimize your profile
Your profile should speak volumes about you. Your company name should be prominent, as well as your URL. Other elements you may want to include will be beneficial to engaging audiences.
- Be industry-minded
When using hashtags, make sure you make them relevant to your industry. If you are on location at a conference, put the conference hashtag. For any events and other places you visit, shout out to the coordinator or venue so they can also follow. You will start to gain traction, and your audiences will grow.
- Reward your followers
If you are doing a promotion or asked a question where user engagement is high, posting a promo code good for a certain period will be a great incentive to keep your followers happy and help you gain more.
Optimizing Instagram Content Strategy for More Likes
The foundation of generating genuine engagement on Instagram is consistently publishing high-quality, valuable content tailored to your audience:
- Analyze top-performing content and competitor content using Instagram analytics to identify types of posts, topics, visual styles, captions, etc., that resonate best with your target audience.
- Post at optimal times when your audience is most active on Instagram, based on insights from tools like Iconosquare. Weekday mornings tend to have the highest engagement.
- Capture the audience’s attention immediately with compelling visuals and captions. Use bold text, emojis, and questions to spark interest in the first 2 lines.
- Share behind-the-scenes content like Instagram Stories to foster a connection with your brand. The more authentic and engaging, the better.
- Strike a balance between educational content that adds value and entertaining aspirational content like user-generated visuals. Both elicit high engagement.
- Utilize relevant hashtags and tags to extend reach. Participate in branded hashtag challenges like #ThrowbackThursday.
- Run creative contests and giveaways to incentivize audience participation. Require users to like, comment, and share to enter.
By better understanding your audience and consistently publishing captivating content optimized for the platform, you can build an authentic, engaged community and earn likes organically.
Tracking Performance with Instagram Analytics:
Make data-driven decisions by closely monitoring performance using built-in Instagram Insights:
- Analyze interactions, reach and impressions for each post to identify the performing content types and topics.
- Review follower demographics like age, gender and location. Tailor content accordingly.
- Check discovery data to see which posts attract the most profile visits and follows.
- Compare your engagement rate to competitors. This identifies content gaps and opportunities.
- Look for changes and trends using Instagram’s historical data over weeks and months.
- Dig deeper with third-party analytics like Iconosquare for more granular metrics on the best times to post, responses to stories vs feed posts, etc.
Frequently reviewing Instagram analytics provides the actionable data needed to refine your visual content strategy and maximize reach and engagement.
How to Use Instagram Analytics to Track Your Instagram Likes and Identify Areas for Improvement
Instagram analytics is a powerful tool that can help you track your likes and identify areas for improvement. To access your Instagram analytics, go to your profile, tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, and then tap “Insights.”
Here are some of the metrics that you can track in Instagram analytics to learn more about your likes:
- Total likes: This metric shows you the total number of likes that your posts have received in a given period.
- Average likes per post: This metric shows you the average number of likes that each of your posts receives.
- Likes by post: This metric shows you the number of likes that each of your posts has received.
- Likes by source: This metric shows you where your likes are coming from, such as your followers, other users, or external sources like websites and apps.
- Likes by time: This metric shows you when your followers are most likely to like your posts.
You can use this data to identify trends and patterns in your likes. For example, if you notice that a certain type of post tends to get more likes than others, you can focus on creating more of those types of posts. You can also use this data to identify specific posts that are underperforming and try to improve them.
Here are some tips for using Instagram analytics to track your likes and identify areas for improvement:
- Set goals: What do you want to achieve with your Instagram likes? Do you want to increase your reach, engagement, or brand awareness? Once you know your goals, you can track your likes to see how you are progressing.
- Track your progress over time: Don’t just look at your likes for a single day or week. Track your likes over time to see if there are any trends or patterns. This will help you to identify what is working well and what needs to be improved.
- Compare your likes to your competitors: How do your likes compare to those of your competitors? This information can help you to identify areas where you need to improve.
- Use Instagram insights to identify areas for improvement: Instagram insights can provide you with valuable information about your audience and your content. Use this information to identify areas where you can improve your content to get more likes.
Tracking your Instagram likes and using that data to improve your content is a great way to grow your account and reach your goals.
These are just a few ways to get Instagram likes and set the stage for how to get free followers on Instagram. By implementing these tactics into your overall digital marketing strategy, your brand and social media following will continue to grow.