Google My Business statistics are fantastic for businesses to determine how users find their Google My Business profiles and how they can increase these figures.
By utilising Google My Business statistics, you can improve your ranking on Google Maps, direct users to your website more efficiently, and increase the ranking of your website in the Google search results.
The Importance of Google My Business Statistics
Improving your online presence on Google is essential for businesses to stand out amongst competitors, drive traffic to their website, increase customer visits to a physical store, and generate more sales.
In this article, we’ll take you through how you can utilise Google My Business statistics to improve your SEO and optimise your profile.
Google My Business Statistics: Business Profile Interactions
One of the most beneficial features to utilise on your Google My Business profile is the data associated with your business profile interactions. This data can be found in the Performance tab of your Google My Business account.
In this tab, you will be able to find the following information:
- The number of people in total who interacted with your business profile through a phone call, message, booking, asking for directions, and more.
- The number of people who discovered your business profile, including through Google Search, Google Maps, a desktop, and a mobile device.
- The search terms that were entered by users and thus showed your business profile.
- A breakdown of the number of people who took several interactive actions, such as the exact number of people who made a phone call, sent a message, made a booking, requested directions, and clicked on your website.
These Google My Business statistics are very beneficial to regularly monitor as businesses can understand how users are contacting them and discovering their Google My Business profile. For example, the search terms available is the perfect opportunity to identify keywords that business can utilise on their website and Google My Business profile to increase user traffic.
Google My Business Statistics: Edit Services
The setup of your Google My Business account is essential for Google to understand what you offer as a business and how to differentiate your page from other accounts. A significant Google My Business statistic to utilise is the Services tab in your account.
This section allows you to enter the services that you offer in the form of keywords. This is a great opportunity to include keywords related to your products and services and keywords that your target customers are currently searching for. By taking this step, adding your products and services in the form of keywords will improve the SEO of your business page and increases your chances of ranking higher on Google.
Google My Business Statistics: Business Updates
When ranking Google My Business pages, Google also looks out for pages with consistent activity through business updates. These updates appear near the bottom of your Google My Business listing and display a series of posts detailing your business updates.
Think of your Google My Business page as another social media account that requires frequent activity in order to compete with other businesses. A great way to remain consistent with posting updates on Google My Business is by setting a reminder on your laptop or mobile device to copy content whenever you’re posting on social media and edit this in a Google My Business update post. Ensure to also include an image with your update to catch the attention of your target audience!
Google My Business Statistics: Google Reviews
Another significant Google My Business statistic that determines the visibility of your page is the number of Google Reviews on your page as well as the star ratings. For example, if a user was searching for restaurants around Belfast, Google will utilise Google Reviews and star ratings to rank restaurants in Belfast based on what appears to be the most reviewed locations.
Additionally, Google also monitors the content written in Google Reviews to understand what your business offers to online users. If you have built a number of reviews on your Google My Business profile, you may notice a ‘People often mention’ section which displays bubbles of keywords and a number beside each one.
This suggests the number of times specific keywords are mentioned by consumers within your existing Google Reviews, and so Google recognises this and and uses this information when ranking business pages in the Google search results.
Google My Business Statistic: How To Get More Google Reviews
Of course, this Google My Business statistic relies on customers to leave a review on your Google My Business page. Luckily, the good news is that there are several ways in which you can ask customers to leave a positive review and successfully build your online reputation and improve your SEO.
Here are some examples of how you can request Google Reviews:
- Send a Google Review link: Leaving a Google Review should be an efficient process for the consumer. To help with this, you can send customers a review link to direct them to the exact point of leaving a review, therefore making the online journey easier for the consumer. To access this link, log into your Google My Business page and click on the ‘Get more reviews’ button.
- Email marketing: If you communicate with your customers through email marketing, consider sending regular emails after purchases have been made to encourage customers to leave positive feedback on your Google My Business page. You can also add a Google Review link on newsletters to consistently remind your customers to leave a review!
- Business cards: Consider adding a QR code on a business card which your customers can scan and be directed to your Google Reviews. This is a brilliant and efficient way to direct your customers to your online profile and maximise the benefits of this Google My Business statistic!
Want to know more about Google My Business statistics? Get in touch with ProfileTree today to elevate your Google My Business page!