Facebook business statistics are an amazing resource for businesses and marketers to understand user behaviour and Facebook marketing tools to improve a marketing strategy.
With over 2.9 billion users on Facebook as of 2023, the possibilities to elevate your business on Facebook are endless. Over the years, Facebook has proven to be a powerful social media platform to direct traffic to websites, generate leads, reach new customers, and increase sales.
Facebook Business Statistics You Need To Know
In this article, we’ll take you through some important Facebook business statistics you need to know to harness the power of Facebook marketing. To understand the marketing landscape, we’ll touch upon the following points:
By reviewing Facebook business statistics, businesses can leverage these insights and boost their marketing strategy. But first, let’s look at some powerful Facebook marketing tools you can use to improve your strategy.
Powerful Facebook Marketing Tools
Since the launch of Facebook in 2004, the social media platform has gone through several periods of change, including the launch of Meta in 2021. Today, Facebook still remains the most popular social media platform with online users. Considering this, the most powerful Facebook marketing tools that you can utilise for your business include:
- Facebook Ads Manager.
- Facebook Shop.
- Video marketing.
- Facebook Groups.
Facebook Business Statistics: Facebook Ads Manager
Facebook Ads Manager allows businesses to set up paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger to reach their target audience. Some of the benefits of utilising Facebook Ads Manager include:
- Setting up a target audience: You can set your target audience based on gender, age, location, and interests to ensure your advert will appear for social media users who would be interested in your products or services.
- Creating an advert from scratch: Facebook Ads Manager allows you to set up your advert from scratch, ensuring that your text, media file, and action button are relevant to your goals and objectives.
- Selecting a goal: Facebook Ads Manager allows you to select a goal for your advert, such as to get more website traffic or more phone calls and will take this into consideration to ensure that your advert achieves this goal.
- Flexible budgeting: Facebook Ads Manager will provide an estimated number of people that you will reach through your advert as well as how many people will click on your button. This is a great feature as this allows you to make an informed decision about your budgeting and can be much cheaper compared to traditional marketing channels.
Facebook Ads Manager is an excellent tool to utilise to increase your reach and see a return on investment (ROI) for your business. As social media adverts can look like organic posts, this means that there is a higher chance that social media users will be influenced by your advert as it blends smoothly with the rest of their social media feed.
Facebook Business Statistics: Facebook Shop
Another great way to increase sales for businesses that sell products on an e-commerce website is through Facebook Shop. Facebook Shop allows customers to access your products easily through your Facebook page, posts, and reels once you have tagged your products.
This is a great way to direct social media users to your e-commerce website and convert social media users who are interested in your products into customers.
Facebook Business Statistics: Video Marketing
Since the introduction of Facebook Watch and Instagram Reels, social media users on Facebook have been engaging with more video content online. Video marketing for your business is a fantastic way to capture your audience’s attention more effectively as video content has proven to capture and hold user attention for longer than an image.
Although images and graphics will always be beneficial when communicating with your target audience, video marketing is a great way to connect with your audience and improve your reach on Facebook.
Facebook Business Statistics: Facebook Groups
If you’re a business that has a number of loyal customers and you want to find a way to target this audience specifically, Facebook Groups are a great way to connect directly with these customers!
For example, if you were an owner of a clothing boutique and wanted to show your appreciation for loyal customers, you could set up a Facebook Group and invite these customers to join a private group where only they will see specific social media posts.
This is a great way to inform loyal customers about new products, and special promotions, and to personalise your customer service!
Facebook Business Statistics To Improve Your Facebook Marketing
With these Facebook marketing tools in mind, what Facebook business statistics do you need to know to improve your strategy? Let’s take a look at the following Facebook business statistics to get an insight into marketing trends:
- The majority of social media users access Facebook using their mobiles.
- The majority of social media users who watch videos on Facebook have videos on mute.
- Consumers utilise Facebook to discover local businesses and check business pages frequently.
- B2B marketers and B2C marketers utilise Facebook as a main marketing tool.
- Social media users are more likely to purchase products and services from a business that they can message online.
- Messaging friends and family remains one of the top user activities on Facebook.
- Live Facebook videos generate high engagement from customers.
- Facebook Ads receive the highest ROI compared to other social media platforms.
How To Utilise Facebook Business Statistics
From these statistics, we would recommend the following steps to improve your marketing strategy:
- Ensure your content is mobile-friendly.
- Include text on video content to ensure important information is communicated to the consumer even if their device is on mute.
- Post consistently to keep current and new customers engaged with your page.
- Utilise Facebook Ads Manager to increase your reach and sales.
- Experiment with Facebook Live videos to monitor how users engage with different types of content.
Want to know more about Facebook business statistics? Contact ProfileTree today to improve your online presence!