Content Writer to join ProfileTree
ProfileTree is seeking to recruit a talented content writer to join our team of digital marketing professionals. Work for a fast-paced digital marketing agency and create exciting and engaging content on behalf of our clients.
Content Writer Job Description
ProfileTree is seeking to recruit a talented Content Writer to join our successful digital marketing team. The Content Writer will be tasked with creating bespoke written content that engages and attracts a variety of audiences.
The Content Writer will be responsible for drafting, editing and publishing engaging content that will increase the amount of traffic to our client websites and to our internal websites. They will perform keyword research before writing the content and aim for each piece of content to rank high on Google search result pages.
The role of Content Writer is to create content that is meaningful, engaging and relevant for the target audiences. You will work with a range of different businesses and as such, you must be able to adapt writing styles and content to suit a range of different industries.
With your passion for writing as well as either studying English or a related topic in college you will have a passion for words and writing. It can be creative, informative or even sales copy – they all have their own unique style and skillset required.
Content Writer – About the role
The role of content writer is to create bespoke written content on behalf of our clients. Content may take the form of blog posts, articles, website page content or any other forms of written content that may be used to enhance the digital presence of our clients.
The Content Writer will perform in depth keyword research in order to establish sound SEO objectives. They will also adhere to Google algorithms and embed these guidelines into the structure and appearance of their content.
The Content Writer will aim to keep updated with emerging SEO guidelines and content writing trends. They will also tailor content in order to suit the client’s expectations and requirements for enhancing their digital profile.
Another major role of the Content Writer, is to perform SEO audits on behalf of our clients existing content. This involves giving clients tips and suggestions on how they may improve their content for SEO purposes. This is an important role as it upskills the digital capabilities of our clients.
The Content Writer will take an enthusiastic and engaging approach to the drafting of their content, both for client work and internal content. They will report to account managers, clients service representatives, website developers and website designers.
The content writer role may include:
The following responsibilities are indicative of what the role may include. This is not an exhaustive list of duties and the Content Writer will be expected to undertake additional duties that fall under the responsibility of the Content Writer. Your role may include:
- Optimising SEO practises within every piece of content.
- Performing keyword research on behalf of clients.
- Explaining the purpose and benefit of SEO content to clients.
- Performing SEO audits on client content and making useful suggestions.
- Correcting grammar and sentence structure.
- Sourcing images that are suitable for commercial purposes.
- Writing blogs or articles on a variety of topics.
- Drafting press releases on behalf of clients.
- Constructing content for clients website pages.
- Constructing content for internal purposes.
- Enhancing existing content for SEO purposes.
- Performing and requesting Google Indexing.
- Tracking Google Search Console data.
- Brainstorming content ideas.
- Working collaboratively with other digital marketing professionals.
Content Writer – Essential skills and experience
For the role of Content Writer, we will require the following experience and essential skills:
- Degree level qualification (degree not specific).
- At least one years’ experience in creating content.
- Excellent SEO knowledge and experience.
- Sound knowledge of Google Search Console.
- Sound knowledge of SEO plugins, e.g) Rank master.
- Excellent writing skills, including punctuation, grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
- Able to coherently express information.
- Able to write for a variety of different industries.
- Able to create content in a set amount of time.
- Able to work collaboratively and take constructive feedback.
- Able to align writing style with the client’s brand.
Content Writer – Desired skills and experience:
Although not essential for the role of Content Writer, we are also actively seeking candidates with the following desired experience and skill set:
- Degree level qualification in a communications based or writing based degree.
- Evidence of successful content that has been published.
- At least two years experience of working in a content creating role.
- Experience working within a digital marketing agency.
About Our Content Marketing Agency
ProfileTree is a digital marketing agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We help local, regional and international businesses grow their digital profile and compete within the online marketing environment.
Competition online is tough for business, but with ProfileTree in your corner, success is just a click away.
We provide expert digital marketing services for small and large businesses from a range of different industries. We transform web traffic into actual sales and offer a strong Return On Investment for our services.
At ProfileTree, we help businesses carve out their niche and build upon their own digital marketing skill set for long term success.
We are a team of digital marketing professionals including content writers, videographers, social media specialists and web designers and web developers – to name just a few of the services we provide.
As a full service digital marketing agency, we are a one-stop-shop for businesses seeking to build a strong and successful digital presence.
At ProfileTree, we have strong company core values that represent our brand and guide our work ethic. All positions within ProfileTree embed these values in their work and it’s something that we are very proud to uphold. Our core values include:
- To be passionate
- Hard working
- Bring attention to detail
- Open communication
- Honesty and integrity
- Good with people
- Strive to be an expert
- Commitment to deadlines
As a member of ProfileTree, you will strive to pursue each of these core values in your work and professional interactions.
What we offer
ProfileTree is a company dedicated to ensuring employee satisfaction and job fulfilment. We prioritise our teams wellbeing and ensure that we create a positive and encouraging working environment. For the role of Content Writer, we offer:
- Opportunities for vertical career growth.
- Opportunities for horizontal development within the company.
- Opportunities to develop individuals skills and knowledge.
- Regular feedback and check-ins regarding career progress.
- Blended / hybrid working, with the opportunity to come into the office based in Belfast.
- Fully remote working if requested.
- 30 days’ holiday (5 inclusive bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee laptop device.
Further information and reading on the role of Content Writer
For further information on the role content writing for digital marketing purposes, check out these informational videos and articles! You can check out this website itself as well as our own brands and you can see how invested we are in content marketing and content creation for our business and our clients companies.
From writing scripts for video animations to long form informational pieces – the opportunities to reach new customers online is incredible, and this is all done through content creation. It is the content writer who writes informative and engaging articles to help brands showcase their products. The role requires writing on a range of subjects and the writer is responsible for creating the best possible written or visual content, from blog posts to press releases.
There can be some customer interaction to ensure we get a full understanding of a clients needs and requirements. A Q&A session with a client can help the understanding of their business and this can be seen in the content that is created for them.
How to apply for our Content Writer role
If you’re interested in the role of Content Writer, and if you meet the essential criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Send us a CV and Cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for the position, find other opportunities via our Career Page.
Also check out this article for some tips on creating an attractive and appealing cover letter. If we have any open content writer roles at the moment and you meet the minimum requirements, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.
Digital News & Insights
Our expert business blog offers a world of digital how-to
A Guide to Using a Stakeholder Mapping Analysis- An Effective Example of Applying a Stakeholder Analysis to Amazon
Stakeholder Mapping is the use of a matrix to offer a visual representation of who your key stakeholders are. This will give business leaders a better understanding of who those individuals are which are going to have an influence over their future plans or decisions.
Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Programme – What is a KTP? ProfileTree’s Worthwhile Experience
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme is the creation of a dynamic 3-way partnership between a company (ProfileTree), a group of academic experts (Ulster University) and a skilled graduate (Lochlainn Mallon). Each will work together to increase business efficiency and achieve excellent results.
A Guide to Using ChatGPT Effectively – With 3 Easy to Follow Examples
No matter how you plan to use GhatGPT, this Artificial Intelligence (AI) software system has the potential to completely change how we do things forever.