Social Media Expert to join Digital Marketing Agency – ProfileTree
We are seeking to hire a talented Social Media Expert to work within our award-winning digital marketing agency. Your role will involve managing social media accounts, creating engaging posts and delivering successful social media campaigns.
The social media expert needs to be great with clients and communication as a large percentage of their time will be spent talking to and engaging with the agency’s clients. There is a lot of upskilling and educating of clients so they understand what we are delivering on their campaigns.
Social Media Expert Job Description
ProfileTree is seeking to hire a Social Media Expert to join our talented team. Social media is a major tool for delivering a successful digital marketing strategy and as such we are seeking someone with strong social media expertise.
The role will involve managing social accounts on a clients behalf, engaging with their target audiences and creating social media strategies that will help their business carve out their own digital presence.
The Social Media Expert will have a range of knowledge and expertise surrounding organic social media campaigns vs paid for digital advertising and they will be able to advise a client on which methods will work best for the business.
You will have a great understanding of the basics in marketing as well as plenty of creative ideas, be comfortable with the different social media platforms.
What is the role of a Social Media Expert?
ProfileTree is a digital marketing agency that helps SME and large businesses compete within the online environment. As a Social Media Expert, you will be responsible for ensuring that our clients’ social media accounts become online selling machines.
Social Media Marketing is a major part of what we offer our clients. We help them value the Return On Investment it can bring and how they can use these platforms to elevate their own brand. As a Social Media Expert, you will be communicating this value to clients and helping them understand the value that it brings.
The role of Social Media Expert requires you to devise social media campaigns and successfully deliver them in order to meet the client’s expectations. You may also be required to train clients in using social media strategically, as to enhance their digital skill set and online profile.
As a Social Media Expert, you will manage multiple social media accounts at once, schedule posts, and create content calendars, all whilst ensuring fluidity between campaigns for maximum impact.
The Social Media Expert role may include:
The following responsibilities are indicative of what the role may include. This is not an exhaustive list of the required duties and the Social Media Expert will be expected to undertake additional duties that may fall under the responsibility of Social Media Expert. Your role may require you to:
- Perform audience research for the clients.
- Advise clients on the most appropriate social media marketing strategy.
- Define social media marketing goals with the client.
- Manage clients expectations and needs.
- Sound knowledge of organic social media advertising.
- Sound knowledge of SEO practises.
- Sound knowledge of digital advertising strategies.
- Keeps up to date with social media trends and algorithms.
- Able to explain the impact of paid advertising vs organic advertising to the client.
- Able to advise clients on social media content that will boost their social media.
- Arrange for content to be created on behalf of the client.
- Sound knowledge of a wide range of social media platforms, e.g.) Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Knowledge of what ranks well within different social media platforms.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Hold social media training sessions with clients.
- Provide project updates to the client.
- Operate within company guidelines.
- Highlight any social media risks to clients.
- Handle potential social media crises on behalf of the client.
- Create unique social media content for our marketing agency
Social Media Expert – Essential skills and experience
For the role of Social Media Expert, we require the following essential experience:
- Degree level qualification (degree not specified).
- At least one year experience in a social media marketing role, or similar position.
- Track record of creating and delivering successful social media campaigns.
- Expert experience using social media paid advertising.
- Expert experience in using organic social media methods.
- Basic experience using SEO practices.
- Basic experience in creating content for a range of platforms
- Basic experience in design tools such as Canva
- Excellent written language skills
- Great verbal communication skills
For the role of Social Media Expert, we require the following essential skills:
- Excellent social media management skills.
- Excellent digital marketing skills.
- High standard of writing and verbal skills.
- Able to manage multiple social media channels at once and track their progress.
- Able to create a social media strategy that meets the client’s goals and expectations.
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- Able to uphold high professional standards.
- Ability to develop and nurture professional relationships.
- Independent and driven.
- Strong and diligent work ethic.
- Maintains industry awareness.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to organise tasks efficiently.
Social Media Expert – Desired experience
Although not essential for the role of Social Media Expert, we are also actively seeking candidates with the following desired experience. We have found that these skills and experience add to the social media experts delivery and understanding of the role, but also their ability to help our clients.
During the role with our agency there will be an opportunity to develop these skills and become an even more rounded digital marketing expert.
- Degree level qualification in a digital marketing based degree or similar field.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar Social Media Expert role.
- Experience working within a digital marketing agency – or similar business.
- Content creation skill set, e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro or Photoshop.
About the Digital Marketing Agency
ProfileTree is a digital marketing agency based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We help local, regional and international businesses grow their digital profile and compete within the online marketing environment.
Competition online is tough for business, but with ProfileTree in your corner, success is just a click away.
We provide expert digital marketing services for small and large businesses from a range of different industries. We transform web traffic and social media accounts into tools for actual sales and we offer a strong Return On Investment for our services.
At ProfileTree, we help businesses carve out their niche and build upon their own digital marketing skill set for long term success.
We are a team of digital marketing professionals including content writers, videographers, social media specialists and web developers – to name just a few of the services we provide.
As a full service digital marketing agency, we are a one-stop-shop for businesses seeking to build a strong and successful digital presence.
At ProfileTree, we have strong company core values that represent our brand and guide our work ethic. All positions within ProfileTree embed these values in their work and it’s something that we are very proud to uphold. Our core values include:
- To be passionate
- Hard working
- Bring attention to detail
- Open communication
- Honesty and integrity
- Good with people
- Strive to be an expert
- Commitment to deadlines
As a member of ProfileTree, you will strive to pursue each of these core values in your work and professional interactions.
What we offer
ProfileTree is a company dedicated to ensuring employee satisfaction and job fulfilment. We prioritise our teams wellbeing and ensure that we create a positive and encouraging working environment. For the role of Social Media Expert we offer:
- Opportunities for vertical career growth.
- Opportunities for horizontal development within the company.
- Opportunities to develop individuals skills and knowledge.
- Regular feedback and check-ins regarding career progress.
- Blended / hybrid working, with the opportunity to come into the office based in Belfast.
- Fully remote working if requested.
- 22 days’ holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee laptop device.
Further information and reading on the role of Social Media within a business
Social media is almost crucial in order for businesses to be able to compete within the digital market. Check out this informational video on the shocking statistics of current social media usage:
As a digital marketing agency we share a lot of advice, tips and guidance on our own social media and content shared on our website including videos. A lot of our team share their insight and experience through content to help our clients. Do check out these informational articles on the importance of integrating social media within your businesses practice:
And this video on the importance of Pinterest for social media marketing:
How to apply for the role of Social Media Expert
If you’re interested in the role of Social Media Expert and if you meet the essential criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
Send us a CV and Cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for the position, find other opportunities via our Career Page.
Also check out this article for some tips on creating an attractive and appealing cover letter.
Digital News & Insights
Our expert business blog offers a world of digital how-to
A Guide to Using a Stakeholder Mapping Analysis- An Effective Example of Applying a Stakeholder Analysis to Amazon
Stakeholder Mapping is the use of a matrix to offer a visual representation of who your key stakeholders are. This will give business leaders a better understanding of who those individuals are which are going to have an influence over their future plans or decisions.
Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Programme – What is a KTP? ProfileTree’s Worthwhile Experience
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme is the creation of a dynamic 3-way partnership between a company (ProfileTree), a group of academic experts (Ulster University) and a skilled graduate (Lochlainn Mallon). Each will work together to increase business efficiency and achieve excellent results.
A Guide to Using ChatGPT Effectively – With 3 Easy to Follow Examples
No matter how you plan to use GhatGPT, this Artificial Intelligence (AI) software system has the potential to completely change how we do things forever.